Tesla’s Flying Machine represents the culmination of Tesla’s life long research and is the demonstration that his Dynamic Theory of Gravity is correct.
There are different speculations around the development of such a craft. A typical example of misinformation is that around his VTOL patent. Tesla patented this aerodynamic aircraft (“method of aerial transportation“) in Jan 3, 1928 – much later than his original concept and as such was in no way connected to it. Even if it was unique and first of its kind, it was just one of his “Flivvers“. Through his collected articles and lectures, there are references to the development of an “ideal” flying machine (“My Inventions” and “Tesla’s Flying Machine“). This machine first appears similar to the modern-day lifters propulsion system, but some propose that Tesla’s device differs because it’s comprised of both the high voltage “carrier exchange blocking” frequencies and high voltage direct current brush “propellant“. In brief, what is referred commonly to nowadays as a “UFO” is in fact a Tesla flying machine.
His rotating magnetic field “alternator“, coupled with his bladeless turbine and his high voltage coils, were perfectly appropriate for this purpose. He said himself, while he was at college, that he devised a flying machine but had not yet discovered a way to power and propel the device (a “prime mover of sufficiently great activity“). He took his first step with his rotating magnetic field and understood intuitively that the laws of electromagnetics were somehow connected to gravity: the passage from Goethe’s Faust clearly spells it out. On that occasion, he not only solved his rotating magnetic field problem, but took the first step into understanding “nature’s wheelwork“. When he arrived in the United States after being nearly killed in an attempted mutiny, he still had tightly kept under his arm plans of his alternating current motor (which he had built and tested in Paris prior to his departure), but most importantly the conceptual drawings for his ideal flying machine.
The “veritable rope of air” he refers to in one of his interviews was a direct analogy to the aether carriers bringing in “tubes of force” to maintain his flying machine exactly where he wanted it or to move it in any direction at incredible speed and acceleration. It is important to understand Tesla’s life as a “whole“, not only to simply study and interpret his works as simple isolated events. He was continuously busy with further developing his theories and bringing them into practice and would not be satisfied until he reached a practical status.
A quote from “Tesla’s New Monarch of Machines”, New York Herald Tribune Oct.15 1911:
- “When I found that I had been anticipated as to the flying machine, by men working in a different field, I began to study the problem from other angles, to regard it as a mechanical rather than an electrical problem. I felt certain there must be some means of obtaining power that was better than any now in use. And by vigorous use of my gray matter for a number of years, I grasped the possibilities of the principle of the viscosity and adhesion of fluids and conceived the mechanism of my engine. Now that I have it, my next step will be the perfect flying machine.”
- “An aeroplane driven by your engine?” I asked.
- “Not at all,” said Dr. Tesla. “The aeroplane is fatally defective. It is merely a toy — a sporting play-thing. It can never become commercially practical. It has fatal defects. One is the fact that when it encounters a downward current of air it is helpless. The “hole in the air” of which aviators speak is simply a downward current, and unless the aeroplane is high enough above the earth to move laterally it can do nothing but fall.”
- “There is no way of detecting these downward currents, no way of avoiding them, and therefore the aeroplane must always be subject to chance and its operator to the risk of fatal accident. Sportsmen will always take these chances, but as a business proposition the risk is too great.”
- “The flying machine of the future—my flying machine—will be heavier than air, but it will not be an aeroplane. It will have no wings. It will be substantial, solid, stable. You cannot have a stable airplane. The gyroscope can never be successfully applied to the airplane, for it would give a stability that would result in the machine being torn to pieces by the wind, just as the unprotected aeroplane on the ground is torn to pieces by a high wind.”
- “My flying machine will have neither wings nor propellers. You might see it on the ground and you would never guess that it was a flying machine. Yet it will be able to move at will through the air in any direction with perfect safety, higher speeds than have yet been reached, regardless of weather and oblivious of “holes in the air�? or downward currents. It will ascend in such currents if desired. It can remain absolutely stationary in the air, even in a wind, for great length of time. Its lifting power will not depend upon any such delicate devices as the bird has to employ, but upon positive mechanical action.”
- “You will get stability through gyroscopes?” I asked.
- “Through gyroscopic action of my engine, assisted by some devices I am not yet prepared to talk about“, he replied.
- To a Westinghouse manager, Tesla wrote ‘You should not be at all surprised, if some day you see me fly from New York to Colorado Springs in a contrivance which will resemble a gas stove and weigh as much. … and could, if necessary enter and depart through a window.’ (7-7-1912) ( it will be a small box, not a huge “cigar” ) pg. 198 Tesla: Man Out of Time by Margaret Cheney
There are misinformative artists conceptions of ufo’s and etc. which have no historical connection to Tesla’s concept of a flying machine. From Margaret Cheney’s book, above and, from a drawing found in a small paperback “Tesla, Man of Mystery” comes a possible model of Tesla’s invention, which can be seen at www.tesla-flying-machine.com/ ***This model supposedly works using gyros while Tesla clearly stated that only “stability” would have been achieved through gyroscopic action of his bladeless turbine and alternator – the power source – while the propelling force would have been electromagnetic in nature. Furthermore, in the above quote Tesla clearly states that gyros in any airframe would “result in the machine being torn to pieces by the wind”. Hence the above link is misinformative***
Electrokinetics and Electrogravitics
Tesla’s Flying Machine seem to be related to devices electrokinetics and electrogravitics research. Electrogravitics is physically interpreted as giving the forces on material objects (which may also be acted upon by other physical forces). Electrostatic levitation is the process of using an electric field to lift a charged object and counteract the effects of gravity. Plasmagnetic levitation technology that involves using high frequency radiant energy to turn air into a column of conductive plasma and used to repel against a craft, resulting in a form of levitation may also be involved.